Technical Services Manager Deputy Director
Technical Services remit includes facilities maintenance(infrastructure), grounds & waste management, building and constructions services, plant maintenance, IT and other related administrative services.
What do we do?
The Technical Services Department (in conjunction with equipment end users) is responsible for the maintenance of all facilities & utility services i.e. water, heat, lighting, hvac, and certain portable equipment within the K/T Complex, in accordance with related legislation and best practice.
This activity includes:
- Management of all hospital facilities, clinical infrastructure and immovable assets.
- Management of all staff in the Technical Services Department.
- Ensure proper planning of resources in accordance hospital policies
- Ensure the correct skills are provided for the specific job.
- Management of technical related purchasing and expenditure.
- Management of contractor’s performance.
- Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other related legislation
- Ensure quality and safety assurance during and after completion of contracts as the safety custodianResponsible for project management of all building projects with K/T Complex.
- Responsible for the financial performance and budget of the technical services department.
- Management of the maintenance management system, ensuring that all equipment risks are managed and that all repairs and maintenance is conducted, as and when required.
- Contributing to the initial installation of such equipment
- Demonstration of IT equipment use, where applicable
- Commissioning and testing of new equipment, where applicable
- Establishing agreed maintenance schedules and liaising with specialist Contractors to ensure adherence to schedule and service level agreed
- Final decommissioning and disposal of IT equipment
- Is responsible for the day-to-day operational support of Hospital systems.
- Is responsible for the procurement/design of application software packages in line with authorised policy decisions.
- Implements these packages in conjunction with vendor personnel.
- Trains hospital users and develops system interfaces to link various packages into a consistent whole.
- Provides day-to-day support with the routine running of the computer systems in the Hospital
- Provides training to the end user community in the hospital on various aspects of the software solutions which are implemented.
- Responsible for supporting third party software products which have been introduced to the Hospital – in a first-line support capacity.
Who uses our service?
Our Service indirectly facilitates the provision of patient care, by maintaining the facility and its associated equipment to the highest standards. In this regard we view all occupants and associated services operating within the complex as being our “customer” and we welcome feedback on how to improve our services.
The Technical Services Department – The over arching aim is to provide a clean, safe, comfortable, pleasant environment to the highest possible standards. The Technical Services Department is, on an ongoing basis, developing a work plan to provide a more efficient schedule of works and a systematic planned preventative maintenance schedule for all relevant plant and equipment, that meets all the needs of our Customers